|Vietnamese life in the floating houses on the Tonle Sap in Cambodia. Photo: Danh Chanh Da /VNA /CVN|
According to authorities in the Cambodian province of Kampong Chhang, around 500 households with 1471 people of Vietnamese origin, who live in houseboats and boats on the Tonle Sap, are due to move to the mainland in October.
The Vietnamese Embassy and the Khmer-Vietnam Association in Cambodia have called for bringing together community resources in Cambodia to help the displaced people stabilize their lives and overcome the hardships that have been building up with flooding over the past two weeks.
Vietnamese companies such as the Vietnm Rubber Industry Group and Thagrico have made enormous efforts to support the retraining and job creation program for workers of Vietnamese origin in the Tonle Sap region.
- Floods in the Center: Cambodians of Vietnamese origin at the bedside of the victims
- Agricultural projects create stable employment for Vietnamese-Cambodians
- EU partially withdraws tariff preferences to Cambodia under EBA
- Vietnam congratulates Cambodian Queen Mother on 85th birthday
- Friendly football tournament held in Cambodia to mark Vietnam’s National Day
- Cambodia yet to issue documents banning import of Vietnamese fruits, vegetables: ministry
- Dog slaughterhouse in Cambodia for Vietnamese import culinary preference shut down
- Cambodia starts countdown to SEA Games 32