|This year's theme for World Standards Day is “Protecting the Planet with Standards”. Photo: TCVN /CVN|
Vietnam has made positive contributions to the development of international standards, especially those related to the country's key products, Lê Xuân Dinh said, adding that the General Department of Standards, Metrology and Quality has established 139 technical standards committees with more than 1100 experts engaged in the construction of national and international standards in various fields.
As an official member of the three major standardization organizations including ISO, IEC and ITU, Vietnam will continue to actively participate in the process of developing international standards so that Vietnamese products can reach the global market in a manner stronger, stressed Lê Xuân Dinh.
In addition, Vietnam will intensify the development and application of national and international standards as the basis for the production and business activities of enterprises and to protect the legitimate interests of consumers.
NDEL /VNA /CVN
- About 60% of Vietnamese standards align with international standards
- About 60% of Vietnam's national standards are harmonized with international and regional standards
- Bac Giang develops standards for lychee
- Quality standards adopted to meet demands of local, foreign consumers
- National program supports businesses in improving productivity and product quality
- 275 products qualified for OCOP standards
- PM approves programme to boost productivity
- Vietnam determined to meet international labor standards
- Vietnam’s producers upgrade methods and tools