>Video of the resuce and search for 22 trapped soldiers
According to Standing Deputy Chairman of the People’s Committee of Quang Tri Province Ha Sy Dong, a serious landslide suddenly occurred in Huong Phung Commune, Huong Hoa District, Quang Tri Province yesterday.
Senior Lieutenant General and Chief of the General Staff of the Vietnam People’s Army Phan Van Giang confirmed that 22 officers and soldiers of the division were buried in the landslide incident.
Amid inclement weather, rescuers overnight raced to find and rescue the trapped people from flooding areas of Dong Giang, Dong Thanh wards, Dong Ha city and low-lying places.
Landslide caused traffic separation and congestion in the mountainous districts of Huong Hoa and Dakron. Additionally, a huge risk of mountainous landslides is warned in the localities.
Some photos about searching and rescue operations of security forces and rescue workers:
By staff writer- Translated by Huyen Huong
- Rescuers find eight dead bodies out of 22 missing soldiers in Quang Tri
- Rescuers find four dead bodies out of more than 20 missing soldiers in Quang Tri
- Bodies of 19 soldiers killed in Quang Tri landslide found, 3 still missing
- Bodies of 17 soldiers killed in Quang Tri landslide found, 5 still missing
- 22 bodies of missing army personnel in Quang Tri landslide found
- Rescuers find all 13 bodies in deadly landslide
- The floods left 20 dead and 27 missing in Quang Tri
- Quang Tri: 22 soldiers missing in landslide
- Hectic efforts on to find soldiers missing after Quang Tri landslide