1 a.m. Sunday,
two lodgings of the Army Economic Group 337 in Huong Phung Commune, Huong Hoa District. Five were saved and 22
were said to be missing
By 3 p.m, 12 bodies had been found.
The Border Defense Force Command
about 100 officers and soldiers of the Border Force of Quang Tri Province to the
accident site to
participate in the rescue
. Four officers, coaches and two trained dogs were also sent here from Intermediate School 24 of the La Lay Border Defense Force
in the central province
The rescue forces are in a race against time as Quang Tri has been experiencing heavy rains for more than 10 days, triggering a spate of floods and landslides. With the rains continuing the danger of further landslides and the mountain itself collapsing remains a threat.
“Right now the mountain is still collapsing. The noise is louder than bombs. I saw excavators approaching the site and many people participating in searching for the victims,” said Dinh Phung, a resident near the site.
found after hours of searching.
People’s Committee of Quang Tri Province
set up an emergency team and a command board in Huong Hoa District, led by Vice Chairman of the committee
Ha Sy Dong
to direct the rescue work.
After days of rains, the soil has become thick and compact, making it very difficult to dig.
Part of the
lodgings of Army Economic Group 337
was reduced to rubble.
A huge amount of rock and dirt
broke off from the mountain behind and hit
and also spilled on to a
on the premises
Excavators showel the wet mud.
The amount of rock and dirt is estimated to be 3-4 m thick.
The scene of the landslide from a
he rescue team had to move dirt
blocked many of the roads in recent days
to reach the
- Racing against time to find 22 victims in mountain landslide
- Racing against time to find 22 victims in Quang Tri landslide
- Bodies of 19 soldiers killed in Quang Tri landslide found, 3 still missing
- Bodies of 17 soldiers killed in Quang Tri landslide found, 5 still missing
- 22 bodies of missing army personnel in Quang Tri landslide found
- Rescuers find eight dead bodies out of 22 missing soldiers in Quang Tri
- Rescuers find 14 dead bodies out of 22 missing soldiers in Quang Tri
- Rescuers find four dead bodies out of more than 20 missing soldiers in Quang Tri
- The floods left 20 dead and 27 missing in Quang Tri