HCM city’s new Party Secretary Nguyen Van Nen.
Mr. Nen, 63 received 100 percent of votes at the municipal Party Congress, which wrapped up on Sunday.
Under a Politburo decision announced on Saturday afternoon, Mr. Nen’s predecessor Nguyen Thien Nhan will continue monitoring and directing the HCM city Party Committee until the end of the 13th National Party Congress, scheduled for next January.
HCM city, Vietnam’s biggest economic hub, targets an annual gross regional domestic product (GRDP) growth rate at 8% and GRDP per capita of 8500 USD in the next 5 years.
Last year, the city’s GRDP per capita reached 6862 USD, according to official statistics.
- New HCMC Party Secretary makes his first official appearance
- Hanoi ready for Party Congress
- Hanoi Party Committee Secretary re-elected
- National Party Congress website inaugurated
- 11th HCMC Party Congress holds preparatory session
- Eleventh party congresses organized countrywide
- Hanoi embraces for unprecedented opportunity for growth: Party chief
- HCM City targets per capita GDP of USD40000 by 2045
- 250 delegates attend Party Congress of Commission for the Management of State Capital at Enterprises
- Can Tho’s Q4 GRDP growth forecast at 291 percent