HCM city’s new Party Secretary Nguyen Van Nen.
Mr. Nen, 63 received 100 percent of votes at the municipal Party Congress, which wrapped up on Sunday.
Under a Politburo decision announced on Saturday afternoon, Mr. Nen’s predecessor Nguyen Thien Nhan will continue monitoring and directing the HCM city Party Committee until the end of the 13th National Party Congress, scheduled for next January.
HCM city, Vietnam’s biggest economic hub, targets an annual gross regional domestic product (GRDP) growth rate at 8% and GRDP per capita of 8500 USD in the next 5 years.
Last year, the city’s GRDP per capita reached 6862 USD, according to official statistics.
- 13th Party Congress mulls over documents
- New HCMC Party Secretary makes his first official appearance
- Hanoi ready for Party Congress
- Hanoi Party Committee Secretary re-elected
- Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress
- The 13th National Party Congress to finish early
- Can Tho’s Q4 GRDP growth forecast at 291 percent
- Eleventh party congresses organized countrywide
- Politburo assigns Dinh Tien Dung as Hanoi Party Committee Secretary