“Patient 1125” is a 30-year-old Indian expert who landed October 6 at the Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City from India on IndiGo Airways flight 6E9471 the Health Ministry said Saturday evening.
The man was quarantined at a centralized camp in the city. He had his samples taken for Covid-19 test a day later but the result showed negative.
On October 16 he developed cough and medical staffs took his samples for second Covid-19 testing. The result done by the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases confirmed he was positive for the novel coronavirus and he is being treated at the hospital.
Earlier, 16 Indian experts boarding the same flight were confirmed positive for the virus and they were being treated in Dong Thap and Dong Nai provinces and HCMC in southern Vietnam.
“Patient 1126” is a 37-year-old resident of Quynh Chu District in the northern province of Thai Binh. On October 15 he landed at Cam Ranh Airport in the central province of Khanh Hoa on Vietjet flight VJ2735 from Myanmar and was quarantined at the National Defense Education Center of Nha Trang University.
On October 16 the Khanh Hoa Center for Disease Control took his sample and sent it to Pasteur Nha Trang Institute. The next day, the result came back positive. He is being treated at a medical center of Cam Lam District.
Vietnam also declared a Covid-19 patient recovered on Saturday.
The country has recorded 1126 coronavirus cases and 1031 recoveries. Its Covid-19 death toll stands at 35.
Vietnam has gone 45 days without community transmission of the virus. More than 13000 people are in quarantine at present.
Worldwide, over 39 million people have been infected, with death toll climbing to over 1.1. million.
- Nine more Indian nationals test positive for COVID-19
- VN reports two new imported cases of COVID-19
- Indian woman is Vietnam’s latest Covid-19 case
- Nine Indian experts Vietnam’s latest Covid-19 patients
- Nine more imported Covid-19 patients confirmed, total rises to 1122
- Five Indian experts test positive for coronavirus in Vietnam
- Indian woman becomes new Covid-19 patient in Vietnam
- Vietnam Covid-19 tally crosses 1,000
- Two US returnees test positive for COVID-19