The Surface Mount Technology (SMT) factory was official operational. Surface Mount Technology (SMT) is a method in which the electrical components are mounted directly onto the surface of a printed circuit board (PCB). An electrical component mounted in this manner is referred to as a surface-mount device.
When employing SMT, Trungnam EMS has operated three assembly lines which produce 6200000 products a year. Trungnam EMS also has a plan to expand its factory to apply modern technologies including a warehouse A2B4 and eight SMT-based production lines in the first floor and assembly lines to manufacture hi-tech electronic products and printed circuit boards for exports in the second floor.
Chairman of Da Nang City People’s Committee Huynh Duc Tho said that local and foreign investor can study the factory before deciding to pour money into Vietnam as the factory is the first of its kind in the Central region. Once the factory is successful in Da Nang, it can meet local and foreign demand, said Mr. Tho.
A technician is operating the production line (Photo: SGGP)
By Xuan Quynh – Translated by Anh Quan
- Work starts on RoK-funded electronic component factory in Vinh Phuc
- Work starts on South Korea-funded electronic component factory in Vinh Phuc
- Samsung moved its computer screen production line from China to Vietnam
- Work starts on industrial complex, automobile assembly factory in Ha Nam
- Hong Kong Group invested a US $ 650 million factory in Ho Chi Minh City High-Tech Park
- Qualcomm opens its new factory in Vietnam
- Ha Tay Pharmaceutical spent 1350 billion VND to invest in a new factory, bringing revenue to 2300 billion VND /year
- Intel plans another major investment into Vietnam
- LG, Da Nang agree to build R&D centre for car components