Editor-in-Chief of Dantri/Dtinews Online Newspaper, Pham Tuan Anh, has just transferred 1000 cartons of instant noodles which were donated by a reader to support flood victims in the central province of Thua Thien-Hue.
Vu Thu Thuy, a representative of Bao Phuong Bakery donates 1000 cartons of instant noodles to flooded victims in the central region.
The noodles which are worth VND88 million (USD3826) were donated by Bao Phuong Bakery to residents around the Rao Trang 3 Hydropower Plant where landslides triggered by torrential rains and flooding had buried 30 people on October 12 and 13.
Speaking with Dantri/Dtinews on October 16 when sending the food, Vu Thu Thuy, a representative of Bao Phuong Bakery, said that when she found out about the flooding disaster in the central region and difficult lives of local people, she wanted to share with them.
“I hope that people there will soon overcome the natural disaster and settle down again,” she said.
Dantri Online recently launched a fundraising programme to help flood victims in the central region and has received lots of support from readers.
Dantri also sent VND20 million from the newspaper’s charity fund to support two families in Quang Nam and Thua Thien Hue provinces on October 15.
- PM allocates rice to flood victims in central region
- Japanese gov’t helps Thua Thien – Hue flood victims
- The Japanese government helps the victims of the province of Thua Thiên - Huê
- International organizations pledge aid for central Vietnam flood victims
- Launch of a fundraising movement to support disaster victims at the Center
- Dantri/DTiNews classroom project inaugurated in Cao Bang