Hanoi is committed to closely cooperating with Japanese authorities to quickly tackle hindrances to investment projects in the capital city, Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Chu Ngoc Anh has stated.
The support will be guaranteed at a time when Hanoi has undergone two months without local infections of coronavirus, Mr. Anh said at a meeting with Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Yamada Takio on October 16.
Mr. Anh affirmed that Japan is one of Hanoi’s leading economic partners with US$11.2 billion worth of foreign direct investment (FDI) and the city’s largest provider of official development assistance (ODA) with roughly US$298 billion in 33 projects.
As the meeting between the ambassador and the city’s mayor took place ahead the Vietnam visit by Japan’s Prime Minister Suga Yoshihide. Mr. Yamada Takio expected that the city’s authority would support Japan’s infrastructure and investment projects and related activities in preparation for the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam-Japan relations in 2023.
The ambassador highlighted the role of Hanoi in the two countries’ ties as the city currently accommodates more than 10000 Japanese nationals and about 750 Japanese companies.
The mayor and ambassador also discussed measures for the upcoming visit of Prime Minister Suga on October 18-20.
The ambassador asked for Hanoi’s support for the preparations for the visit, including testing for the novel coronavirus.
Hanoi said it would have some recommendations for the Vietnam-Japan agreement framework which will be reached during the visit.
- Japanese investors satisfied with investment conditions in Hung Yen: diplomat
- Japan aids Vietnamese hospitals in COVID-19 fight
- Vietnam, Japan foster extensive strategic partnership
- Japan PM accepts invitation to visit Vietnam
- Hanoi pledges to support JICA projects despite global heath crisis
- Vietnam market big enough for Japanese business ambitions: PM
- Japanese enterprises mull over relocation of manufacturing to Vietnam
- PM Phuc hosts official welcome ceremony for Japanese counterpart
- AMM 53: Japanese Ambassador to ASEAN praises the lead of Vietnam