|The President of the National Assembly Nguyên Thi Kim Ngân brings her support to the flood victims at the Center, on October 16 in Hanoi. Photo: VNA /CVN|
On Friday October 16 at the headquarters of the National Assembly, the agencies of the National Assembly, the Standing Committee of the National Assembly and the Office of the National Assembly launched a fundraising campaign to support the inhabitants of the provinces plants that are severely affected by flooding.
The President of the National Assembly Nguyên Thi Kim Ngân was present.
During the fundraising session, General Secretary, Chairman of the Office of the National Assembly Nguyên Hanh Phuc said that in the face of the loss and pain suffered by the residents of the Center, to promote the tradition of assistance Mutual of the nation, leaders, executives and officials of the National Assembly each allocated the sum equivalent to the salary of a day of work to support the victims.
They also sent sympathies and shared the difficulties and losses that the populations and the soldiers must endure. They sent their deepest condolences to the families of the executives, officers, soldiers and workers who died on mission.
Following torrential rains, landslides occurred on October 12 at a construction site near the Rào Trang 3 hydropower plant, leaving 17 people missing. Until Friday afternoon, October 16 only two bodies were found.
The landslides also claimed the lives of 13 officers and officials from a rescue team.
- National Assembly year-end session to open on October 20
- National Assembly Standing Committee comments on Environmental Law
- National Assembly Chairwoman meets voters in Can Tho
- NA Chairwoman requests thorough preparations for ASEAN parliamentary assembly
- National Assembly Chairwoman warns corruption cases to be strictly dealt with
- National Assembly Chairwoman praises army’s pandemic role
- AIPA-41 website makes debut in Vietnam
- UN General Debate ends in strong support for multilateralism
- NA leader attends ceremony marking August Revolution, National Day
- Second meeting of National Steering Committee and Organising Committee for AIPA 41 held