| Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung (2 E Left) awards the Labor Order of 2 e class at the Vietnam - Germany Friendship Association, October 16.|
Photo: VNA /CVN
On behalf of Party and State leaders, Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung awarded the Second Class Labor Order to the Vietnam - Germany Friendship Association, in recognition of its contributions to the friendship and cooperation between Vietnamese and Germans.
Planning and Investment Minister Nguyên Chi Dung, also president of the Vietnam - Germany Friendship Association, said that over the past 35 years, the Association has worked hard to strengthen solidarity with Germans and international friends.
The Vietnam - Germany Friendship Association regularly carries out activities to introduce Vietnam to the Germans, strengthen understanding and friendly relations between the two peoples, he said.
Guido Hildner, German Ambassador to Vietnam, recalled that recently more than 80000 medical masks were sent by the Vietnam - Germany Friendship Association to the German people in the context of COVID-19. According to him, this was an extremely precious gift.
| Processing of shrimps for export to Germany.|
Photo: VNA /CVN
An important trading partner
Considering the fact that around 7500 Vietnamese are currently studying in Germany, he said he hoped that bilateral cooperation in the education sector would be intensified to become a highlight of Vietnam-Germany relations.
Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung said that for many years Germany has been one of Vietnam's important partners in Europe.
Germany is currently Vietnam's largest trading partner in Europe, accounting for almost 20% of Vietnamese exports to the EU. Bilateral trade in 2019 amounted to over USD 1024 billion.
Germany currently has 361 projects with a total registered investment capital of USD 206 billion, ranking 18 e among the 132 countries and territories investing in Vietnam.
In terms of official development assistance, since 1990 Germany has provided more than $ 2 billion to projects in Vietnam. It is one of Vietnam’s important partners in the fields of culture, education, science and technology, and security.
- Azerbaijan ambassador awarded Vietnam’s Friendship Order
- German Unity Day celebrated in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam-Germany festival Kulturfest 2020 opens in Hanoi
- A German journalist makes a book on the political biography of President Ho Chi Minh
- The Voice of Vietnam awarded Labor Order on its 75th anniversary
- German journalist launches book on Ho Chi Minh’s political biography in Berlin
- Conference examines Vietnam-Germany economic cooperation opportunities
- Hanoi-based hospital performs 1,000th kidney transplant
- The special advisor to the Prime Minister of Japan in honor