Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam speaks at the ceremony to respond to Action Month for the Vietnamese Elderly, October 162020. (Photo: VOV)
Speaking at the ceremony, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam gave bright examples set in all fields by the Vietnamese elderly and called for more efforts to ensure appropriate care for them.
“The Vietnamese government and the Prime Minister decided to choose October as the Month for the Vietnamese Elderly to remind society to take more care of the elderly while promoting their roles in society. Although Vietnam is expected to face numerous challenges caused by the aging population, we should set a goal to ensure that senior citizens will enjoy better healthcare and live a healthy and useful life,” said Mr. Dam.
2020 marks the 6th year of implementing the Prime Minister’s Decision on Action Month for the Vietnamese Elderly under the theme “Caring for and promoting elderly people’s roles in society”.
From 2015 to 2019 the Vietnam Association of the Elderly have raised a total of 35 million USD to support its disadvantaged members.
- WHO hands over guidelines on integrated care for elderly to Vietnam
- Flag raising ceremony marks 53 years of ASEAN
- Landslide: a Deputy Prime Minister goes to Phong Xuân
- More Vietnamese citizens fly home from Japan
- Many Covid-19 patients in Vietnam at high risk of fatality: Health ministry
- 2020 award ceremony for Vietnamese start-up leaders
- Why gender equality is the key to healthy ageing