Rain water inundates a street section in Da Nang city (Photo: VOV)
In Da Nang city, the water level on rivers is rising above the highest alarm level. Fishermen have anchored boats in safe areas.
Huynh Hung, fisherman of Nai Hien Dong ward, Son Tra district, Da Nang city, said, “All fishermen are well prepared. In tropical depression, everyone docks the ship firmly. During the storm, fishermen must leave the boat because it is very dangerous to stay in the boat.”
Quang Nam province authorities have evacuated people in low-lying and high-risk areas to safer places. Forces are on duty to guard people and vehicles from traveling on flooded roads.
Nguyen Huu Vu, Vice Chairman of Dai Loc District People’s Committee, said, “In recent days, Quang Nam Provincial People’s Committee has instructed upstream hydro power plants to discharge water before the rain comes. We are implementing a natural disaster prevention plan. In the case the flood is severe, we will relocate people from low-lying areas to higher areas.”
In Quang Ngai province, the Border Guard forces and local authorities have called boats to move into shelter areas. The Border Guards and Quang Ngai Maritime Port Authority have strictly controlled ships and boats. From Friday afternoon, the Sa Ky-Ly Son transport route will be suspended.
- Six killed after heavy rain in northern region
- 17 dead, 13 missing in central Vietnam floods
- Flash floods leave eight dead and missing, seven injured in Northern region
- Flood maroons many areas in Central region
- Over 11000 evacuated as floods ravage central Vietnam
- Higher-normal water level at Son La hydropower reservoir is 127 meters
- Floods claim six lives in northern Vietnam
- Ha Giang: At least five dead, two injured in torrential rain, flood
- Danang prepares for Storm Noul