Japanese Prime Minister Suga Yoshihide (Photo: Reuters)
Speaking at a press conference, Japan’s Chief Cabinet Secretary Katsunobu Kato said Prime Minister Suga is expected to hold talks with Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Indonesian President Joko Widodo. He will discuss with his Vietnamese counterpart measures to develop bilateral relations in the framework of their extensive strategic partnership. At the meeting, Prime Minister Suga will affirm Japan’s cooperation with Vietnam towards the ASEAN high-level meetings scheduled to take place in November. During his stay in Vietnam, the Japanese Prime Minister will deliver an important speech on Japan’s policy towards ASEAN.
Addressing a forum in Tokyo on Friday, Prime Minister Suga informed of his visit to Vietnam and Indonesia, saying that the two countries are indispensable in realizing the free and open Indo-Pacific initiative. Prime Minister Suga said that through the visits, he hopes the public will understand Tokyo’s desire to play a key role in contributing to regional prosperity and peace.
The four-day visits to Vietnam and Indonesia are the first overseas trip since Prime Minister Suga took office on September 16.
- Vietnam looks forward to Japan PM Suga’s visit
- Japan PM confirms Vietnam visit, focusing on Indo-Pacific policy
- Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc welcomes Japanese counterpart Suga Yoshihide
- New Japanese PM Suga to visit Vietnam first: foreign ministry
- Japanese PM Suga arrives in Hanoi
- Vietnam plays important role in Japan’s foreign policy toward ASEAN: Japanese official
- Vietnam plays an important role in Japan‚Äôs foreign policy regarding the ASEAN
- PM Phuc hosts welcome ceremony for Japanese Suga Yoshihide
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc welcomes Japanese counterpart Suga Yoshihide