Japanese Prime Minister Suga Yoshihide will arrive in Vietnam on October 18 for a three-day visit to the Southeast Asian country at the invitation of Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
Japanese Prime Minister Suga Yoshihide. Photo: AFP
Mr. Suga’s spouse, Suga Mariko, will accompany him during the first overseas trip since taking office on September 19 the Japanese Embassy in Hanoi and the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in separate statements.
The two prime ministers will discuss a wide range of issues from trade, investment to defense, education and culture cooperation, according to Vietnam’s Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang, adding regional and international matters will also be on the table.
During the visit, Mr. Suga’s spouse will tour several iconic places in Hanoi, including the Temple of Literature, the first university in Vietnam, and the Vietnam Women’s Museum, according to the Japanese Embassy.
- Japan announces Prime Minister Suga Yoshihide’s visit to Vietnam
- New Japanese PM Suga to visit Vietnam first: foreign ministry
- Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc welcomes Japanese counterpart Suga Yoshihide
- Japan PM Suga’s Vietnam visit to deepen Extensive Strategic Partnership: Spox
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc welcomes Japanese counterpart Suga Yoshihide
- Japan PM accepts invitation to visit Vietnam
- Vietnam looks forward to Japan PM Suga’s visit
- New Japanese PM Suga to arrive in Vietnam Sunday
- Japanese PM Suga arrives in Hanoi