The VN-Index on the Hồ Chí Minh Stock Exchange increased 034 per cent to close morning session at 94595 points. — Photo cafef.vn
HÀ NỘI — Shares advanced on Friday morning thanks to the support of large-cap stocks.
The VN-Index on the Hồ Chí Minh Stock Exchange increased 034 per cent to close morning session at 94595 points.
More than 246 million shares were traded on the southern exchange, worth VNĐ5 trillion (US$215 million).
Market breadth was negative with 183 gainers and 200 decliners.
The large-cap tracker VN30-Index rose 070 per cent to 90550 points with 18 of the 30 largest stocks by market value and trading liquidity rising.
Large-cap stocks added a boost to the market’s uptrend with notable gainers of Bank for Investment and Development of Việt Nam (BID), Vietinbank (CTG), FPT Corporation (FPT), PetroVietnam Gas JSC (GAS), HDBank (HDB), Hoa Phat Group (HPG), Military Bank (MBB), Techcombank (TCB), Vingroup (VIC), Vinamilk (VNM) and Vincom Retail (VRE).
On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index was up 068 per cent to close Friday morning at 14060 points.
Nearly 25.7 million shares were traded on the northern exchange, worth VNĐ358.7 billion. — VNS
- Banking stocks push market up
- Shares extend gains on pillar stocks
- Shares move up on the rally of banking and securities stocks
- VN stocks rise for a second day
- Shares gain on large-caps
- Shares manage to gain on the growth of heavvyweights
- Shares rise as large-caps gain ground
- Shares dip on large-cap failures
- Shares struggle on low liquidity