|Online exchange between representatives of military medicine from Vietnam and South Africa, October 15. Photo: QDND /CVN|
Speaking during the online exchange between representatives of military medicine from Vietnam and South Africa on experiences in preventing and combating the COVID-19 pandemic held on Thursday, October 15 Colonel Nguyên Van Giang, deputy director of the Military Medical Department, stressed that Vietnam was ready to exchange experiences in response to this evil in recent times.
Nguyên Van Giang also highlighted the efforts of South Africa in the fight against the disease, including the important contributions of the military medical forces. The African country has recorded nearly 700000 cases of the disease in total, of which more than 600000 have recovered.
Meanwhile, Vietnam is racking up 44 days without reporting new patients to the community, he said.
In turn, according to Major General NP Maphaha, director of the Medical Department of the South African Military Medicine Command, this is an opportunity for military medics from both camps to exchange practical experiences in the fight against this disease. disease.
In addition, he highlighted Vietnam's capacity in responding to the epidemic, saying South Africa needs to learn from Vietnam's experiences in producing SARS-CoV-2 virus test kits in the context where the country still depends on imports.
Defense cooperation between Vietnam and South Africa in recent years has developed in a positive, profound and effective manner, with several important achievements in all fields.
- Vietnam, South Africa step up military medicine ties in pandemic response
- Vietnamese, Russian military medicine forces share COVID-19 prevention experience
- Vietnam aids Cuba in the fight against coronavirus
- Pentagon condemns Chinese military drills near Paracels
- Pentagon condemns Chinese military drills near Paracel Islands
- Vietnam expects to establish regional peacekeeping center
- US expresses concern over China’s military exercises in the South China Sea
- Huge potential for Vietnamese coffee exports to North Africa market
- ASEAN Military Operations Meeting held