|The search for people missing in landslides in Phong Xuân commune, Phong Dien district. Photo: VNA /CVN|
The bodies, which were found at Ranger Station 67 in Phong Xuân Township, Phong Dien District, will be transferred to Military Hospital 268. Memorial services for the victims will be held at Funeral Home 268 in the city. of Huê.
The rescue team included Brigadier General Nguyên Van Man, deputy commander of 4 e Military district, and president of the People's Committee of the district of Phong Diên, Nguyên Van Binh.
The 13 were part of a 21-member rescue team set up on October 12 to rescue workers buried by another landslide at a construction site near the Rào Trang 3 hydroelectric power station, about eight miles from the ranger station 67.
They stopped at Ranger Station 67 to rest overnight. Suddenly, a rocky landslide hit the station at midnight and only eight of them managed to escape the site.
The Rao Trang 3 and 4 Thua Thiên-Huê hydropower plants have been isolated by floods and landslides since October 12. VNA /CVN
- Bodies of seven rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble
- Bodies of 13 rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble
- Bodies of 12 rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble
- Bodies of nine rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble
- Nineteen victims of the Rào Trang hydropower plant 3 hospitalized
- 15 people still missing after landslide at Vietnam hydropower plant
- Another worker of hydropower plant landslide confirmed dead, 15 still missing
- Nation mourns 13 rescue team members buried by landslide
- Rescuers find all 13 bodies in deadly landslide