13 bodies of local officials and military officers who were buried in a landslide in the central province of Thua Thien-Hue have been found, according to the provincial People’s Committee.
Rescue team at the area.
Up to 1000 rescuers had been sent to search for 30 people including 17 workers of the Rao Trang 3 hydro-power plant and 13 officials from a rescue team who were earlier sent to look for the missing workers after a landslide at the plant.
By 740 pm on October 15 the bodies of 13 officials and military officers had been found at the Bo River forest rangers’ station where they went missing after the building was buried in landslides.
A woman cries seeing ambulances carrying the bodies.
The 13 men belong to a 21-member search and rescue team,including local officials and the military, who were sent to look for 17 workers of the Rao Trang 3 Hydropower Plant who went missing in a landslide on October 12.
The rescue team, however, were also hit by another landslide on October 13 at the Bo River forest rangers’ station which is some 10 kilometres from the plant. Eight managed to escape.
Hats and clothes of the 13 men found at the site.
Local police officers today used boats and canoes to access the hydro-power plant which has been isolated by flooding and landslides since October 12.
On the evening of October 13 director of the plant, Nguyen Dai Thanh, confirmed the deaths of three workers linked to landslides on October 12.
Rescue workers are still continuing to look for the other workers at the plant. Heavy rains are forecasted at the area.
- 15 people still missing after landslide at Vietnam hydropower plant
- The bodies of 13 members of the rescue team removed from the rubble of a landslide
- Bodies of nine rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble
- Bodies of 12 rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble
- Bodies of 13 rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble
- Bodies of seven rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble
- Rescuers find all 13 bodies in deadly landslide
- One more worker found at hydropower plant landslide
- Bodies of 19 soldiers killed in Quang Tri landslide found, 3 still missing