People enterting Vietnam make health declaration and have test for COVID-19. (photo: VNA)
The article said several South-East Asian countries are doing exceptionally well. Vietnam’s total number of cases is just 1122 which is extremely low for a population of nearly 100 million.
One tactic used by health authorities has been targeted testing, where they’ve focused on high-risk individuals, buildings and neighbourhoods where there have been confirmed cases. Health authorities have also implemented extensive contact tracing, and aimed to identify those at risk of exposure regardless of symptoms.
Vietnam also set up quarantine facilities for infected people and international travelers, minimizing spread inside households.
- Australian newswire highlights Vietnam’s success in fighting COVID-19 resurgence
- Australia outlet Europe could look to Vietnam s success in containing COVID 19 pandemic
- Australia outlet: Europe could look to Vietnam’s success in containing COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 Updates (October 17): Australian news praised VN’s success over COVID-19
- Da Nang to test 3,000 high-risk individuals for coronavirus
- Vietnam is not reporting any new cases but still faces the risk of contamination
- Nine more imported Covid-19 patients confirmed, total rises to 1122