Typhoon Nangka weakens into tropical depression in the upper Laos
Yesterday, typhoon Nangka turned into the tropical low-pressure system and entered the mainland provinces from Thai Binh to Nghe An with a speed of 10 to 15 kilometers an hour.
Ninh Binh and Thanh Hoa were the most affected provinces by the depression.
Last night, the dangerous system was located at Vietnam- Laos border area.
In the next 12- 24 hours, the tropical depression will move westward and weaken into a low- pressure zone in the upper Laos.
The storm circulation in combination with ongoing cold wave continue to unleash heavy rainfalls of 200- 400 mm in the Red River Delta and Northern coastal provinces, notably Hoa Binh, Phu Tho, Yen Bai, Thanh Hoa and Nghe An.
By Van Phuc- Translated by Huyen Huong
- Typhoon Sinlaku weakens into tropical depression
- Tropical depression develops into storm
- Koguma weakens to tropical depression, bringing heavy rain to northern Vietnam
- Nghe An and Thanh Hoa Airport will be closed due to upcoming storm
- Typhoon Nangka forms in East Sea, becoming seventh typhoon in 2020
- Tropical depression intensifies into storm Mekkhala
- New tropical depression to churn East Sea
- Tropical storm Sinlaku weakens after entering Ninh Binh, Thanh Hoa
- Heavy rains forecast as Storm Saudel weakens into tropical depression
- Saudel weakens, new tropical storm heads to East Sea