Vietnam chairs the 17th meeting of Southeast Asia Red Cross and Red Crescent Leadership. (Photo: Viet Nam Red Cross Society)
At the opening session, Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam expressed his wish for Red Cross societies to discuss initiatives for governments and businesses to better carry out humanitarian activities and spread good deeds in society.
He said the Vietnamese government is committed to work side by side with Vietnam’s Red Cross Society and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement to maintain peace, cooperation, and prosperity in the region.
President of the Vietnam Red Cross Society Nguyen Thi Xuan Thu called for international support for Vietnamese people affected by recent floods and natural disasters in Vietnam’s central region.
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies pledges aid for central Vietnam
- Red Cross helps North Koreans cope with coronavirus, floods
- Severe floods wreak havoc on central Vietnam
- A charity campaign launched on the iNhandao
- Launch of a charity campaign on the iNhandao
- Malaysia, Singapore resume cross-border travel
- 43,000 Red Cross volunteers head to N. Korea to help with virus and floods
- Drug trafficker arrested in Kon Tum for cross border smuggling
- 43 000 Red Cross volunteers head to N Korea to help with virus and floods