Politburo member and Secretary of the Hanoi City Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue was re-elected for the 17th tenure with 100 percent of the vote on Tuesday morning.
The results were announced at the 17th Hanoi Party Congress where 71 people were elected to the 17th-tenure municipal Party Committee for 2020-2025.
In its first meeting, 16 people were elected to its Standing Board and secretary Vuong Dinh Hue was re-elected with 100 percent of the vote.
Born in 1957 Mr. Hue was appointed Secretary of the municipal Party Committee in the 2015-2020 tenure by the Political Bureau on February 7. Before that, he had served as Deputy Prime Minister from April 2016 to February 2020.
The committee also elected four vice secretaries, including Vice Secretary of the 16th municipal Party Committee and Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Chu Ngoc Anh for the new tenure.
- Nguyen Thanh Phong re-elected as HCMC chairman
- Politburo member Dinh Tien Dung assigned as Secretary of Hanoi Party Committee
- Politburo assigns Dinh Tien Dung as Hanoi Party Committee Secretary
- NA gets three new vice chairmen
- Party secretary of Thu Duc City named
- Vo Thi Anh Xuan elected Vice State President of Vietnam
- Phan Van Mai picked as permanent deputy Party secretary of HCMC
- 13th tenure Politburo of 18 members elected
- Tran Luu Quang becomes Hai Phong City Party secretary