Up to 13 members from a rescue team assigned to search for missing workers at a hydropower plant in the central province of Thua Thien-Hue have also been left unaccounted for.
An official from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development said, to date, authorities remained unable to contact 17 workers at Rao Trang 3 Hydropower Plant in Phong Dien District. Besides, 13 rescue members who are on duty for the search have also gone missing.
Speaking to Dantri/DTiNews, the official said he was now in Thua Thien-Hue to discuss rescue solutions. Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung has also come to the province for the rescue instruction.
Deputy PM Trinh Dinh Dung (Second from left) has arrived in Thua Thien-Hue for the rescue instruction
According to Air Force Division 372 two helicopters have left Danang International Airport for Thua Thien-Hue Province for the foodstuff supply and rescue in flood-hit areas.
Earlier on Monday, the 21-member rescue team, led by Nguyen Thanh Binh, vice chairman of Thua Thien-Hue Province People’s Committee and Major General Nguyen Van Man came to the hydropower plant area. However, on the way there, they faced landslides. Until now, authorities have contacted just eight people, while the remainder has been missing, including Man.
A representative from Rao Trang 2 Hydropower Plant JS Company said that at least three workers of the company have found dead at the hydropower plant.
- One more worker found at hydropower plant landslide
- Two helicopters mobilised to rescue victims in landslide in Thua Thien Hue
- 15 people still missing after landslide at Vietnam hydropower plant
- Bodies of seven rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble
- Bodies of nine rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble
- Bodies of 12 rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble
- Bodies of 13 rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble
- Soldiers missing amid attempt to rescue workers trapped by landslide
- Landslide: a Deputy Prime Minister goes to Phong Xuân
- Landslide disaster: Rescue workers search for 17 in debris in central Vietnam