|Timely delivery of gifts to residents affected by flooding in Quang Binh province. Photo: VNA /CVN|
According to the National Steering Committee for the Prevention and Control of Natural Disasters, as of October 11 at 8:00 p.m., eighteen people have been killed. Fourteen people are missing. Over 15000 houses were damaged. Hundreds of hectares of rice have been flooded
In order to support the affected families, the permanence of the CC of the FPV will send 5 million VND to each family having a deceased or missing person; 3 million VND for each seriously injured person treated in hospital.
The permanence of the FPV CC asks its branches of Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thiên-Huê, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Gia Lai, Dak Lak and Dà Nang to coordinate with the local authorities, the Management Committees provincial and municipal authorities for the prevention and control of natural disasters in order to support affected families by providing food for families threatened with hunger; continue to make statistics on human and material damages and report them to the permanent CC of the FPV to continue to take measures to help the victims to overcome the difficulties.
- 102 dead, 26 missing in floods, landslides in central Vietnam
- The PM decides to provide 5000 tons of rice to the victims of the floods in the Center
- The PM asks to grant 4000 tons of rice to the affected localities
- The authorities mobilized to come to the aid of the victims of the floods
- Heavy rains and floods leave 48 dead, missing in central region
- Central Vietnam flooding death toll rises to 87
- 55 dead and 7 missing in severe flooding
- The floods left 20 dead and 27 missing in Quang Tri
- Launch of a fundraising movement to support disaster victims at the Center