Ninh Thuân seeks to become a center of renewable energies
|Ninh Thuan has so far attracted 50 solar power projects with a combined capacity of 3120 MW. Photo: VNA /CVN|
This is a solution proposed by a group of researchers from the Institute of Energy Sciences during the symposium aimed at identifying mechanisms and policies to make Ninh Thuan a renewable energy center in the country.
The researchers also proposed mechanisms related to the power grid and to attracting investment to the Center.
Investors in attendance urged the province to propose to the Prime Minister and the Ministry of Industry and Trade to task the Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) group to invest in transmission lines as planned, expand incentives by price of electricity, to assist in clearing the site for renewable energy projects and to take an interest in training human resources.
According to the vice-president of the Provincial People's Committee Pham Van Hau, making Ninh Thuan a renewable energy center requires a set of criteria that would serve as a basis for the preparation of proposals on mechanisms and policies to be submitted to the Prime Minister.
Since 2018 Ninh Thuan has installed and commissioned 25 wind and solar power projects with a combined capacity of 1561 MW, compared to 6025 MW nationally.
It now houses 1607 rooftop solar systems with a total capacity of around 84432 kWp. Thirty-seven renewable energy projects with a cumulative capacity of more than 2473 MW are expected to be implemented in the province later this year.
Ninh Thuan has so far attracted 50 solar power projects with a combined capacity of 3120 MW and a total investment of nearly 76.1 trillion VND ($ 328 billion), as well as 20 projects of wind power of 1510 MW and 3618 trillion dong.
Ninh Thuan's total capacity is expected to reach 13717 MW by 2030 including 8442 MW of solar power, or 42% of the national balance sheet.
The province quickly coordinated with EVN and private companies to build and upgrade transmission lines that are expected to support the full capacity of renewable energy projects by the end of this year.
- Vietnam to cut 1.3 billion kWh of renewable energy this year
- VN lacks mechanisms for private investment in renewable energy
- Ninh Thuan working to establish itself as national renewable energy centre
- Southeast Asia’s largest renewable energy complex inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- Vietnam to cut 2021 renewable energy output
- Vietnam plans to reduce renewable energy output this year
- Renewable energy yet to meet potential: conference
- Vietnam faces transmission conundrum for renewable energy
- Pacifico Energy Vietnam keen to invest in renewable energy projects in Quang Tri
- Phuoc Ninh solar farm completed and connected to grid
Today, 19:54Vietnam’s GDP growth in Q1 lower than expected
Today, 18:05Vietnam Q1 GDP growth slows, here’s why