|A helicopter struggles to come to the aid of the crew of Vietship 01 on October 11 in Quang Tri province. Photo: Hô Câu /VNA /CVN|
According to the Central Steering Committee for the Prevention and Control of Natural Disasters, the latest death toll was six in Quang Tri and three deaths each in Thua Thiên-Huê and Quang Nam. Quang Binh, Quang Ngai (Center), Gia Lai, Dak Lak, Lâm Dông (Central Highlands) each deplored one death, eight deaths more than the provisional toll of October 11.
The tropical storm downgraded to depression landed on the morning of October 11 in the provinces of Quang Nam to Quang Ngai with torrential rains.
The toll could worsen as relief efforts are underway to locate 13 people still missing, including six in Quang Tri, four in Dà Nang.
The committee called for the mobilization of resources to search for missing persons and evacuate residents of threatened areas, provide shelter, food, clean water and other forms of assistance to those in need.
- 17 dead, 13 missing in central Vietnam floods
- Storm Linfa to hit flooded central Vietnam
- The floods left 20 dead and 27 missing in Quang Tri
- Heavy rains and floods leave 48 dead, missing in central region
- Central Vietnam flooding death toll rises to 87
- Storm Linfa to compound woes for flooded central Vietnam
- Floods in the Center: the Front de la Patrie du Vietnam stands alongside the victims
- 102 dead, 26 missing in floods, landslides in central Vietnam
- Tropical depression to hit central Vietnam, may become storm