Passengers on board were workers whose labour contracts expired, and others in difficult circumstances.
The Vietnamese Embassy sent its staff to the airport to help the citizens with check-in procedures.
Security, safety and hygiene measures were rigorously taken during the flight to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Upon landing at Can Tho International Airport in the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho, all the crew members and passengers were given medical check-ups and put under quarantine in line with current regulations.
In the time to come, more repatriation flights will be arranged to bring Vietnamese citizens home, depending on their demand and domestic quarantine capacity
- Over 250 Vietnamese citizens brought home on repatriation flight from RoK
- 230 Vietnamese citizens arrive home safely from Chinese Taiwan
- Hundreds of Vietnamese citizens return from the US and Brunei
- More than 350 Vietnamese citizens arrive home safely from Japan
- More Vietnamese citizens fly home from Japan
- Vietnam Airlines brings home close to 350 Vietnamese citizens from Australia