South Korean Trade Minister Yu Myung Hee (left) and former World Bank Managing Director Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (Photo: AFP/VNA)
Walker said that out of five candidates, two women were selected, who received the widest support from the WTO members, adding that one of them will become the seventh general director of the organization. The third round of consultations will take place from October 19 to 27. Walker noted that the general council will have to approve the new head of the organization, adding that this is likely to happen in the first half of November.
The previous general director of the WTO, Roberto Azevedo, left office on August 31 not having completed a year before the end of his second term, officially for personal reasons. He has chaired the WTO since September 2013 and his second four-year term began in September 2017.
- Contest supports female entrepreneurs
- Leaders of Licogi 13 completed the purchase of 1 million LIG shares
- Personnel of Hanoi’s Party Committee for 2020-2025 term announced
- HCMC gets candidate for 2020-2025 Party head honcho
- ASEAN economic ministers hold consultations with partners
- Descon shareholders approved the re-listing plan
- Miss Vietnam 2020: Postpone due to COVID-19
- Deputy General Director Nam Bay Bay wants to sell off NBB shares
- Doncic nails epic game winner, Celtics first to advance
- A real estate company issued VND 770 billion bonds