The 15th edition of “My Hanoi” photo exhibition themed “Being Proud of Thang Long – Hanoi” kocked off Thursday at the Temple of Literature to mark the 1010th anniversary of Thang Long – Hanoi, the 66th anniversary of the capital city’s Liberation Day and welcome the 17th city Party Congress.
The exhibition, co-hosted by Kinh te & Do thi newspaper, the Hanoi Elderly Photographers Club and Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam Center of Scientific and Cultural Activities, showcases 70 candid and lively photos featuring portraits, street life and landscape of Hanoi.
The exhibition is divided into three thematic areas which are Hanoi – dynamic, creative, rich in traditional identity, friendly and in the process of integration; Hanoi – green, civilized and modern city; and Efforts of the government and people of Hanoi to fight the Covid-19 pandemic.
“The exhibition is insightful in enriching Hanoi lovers’ perspectives of the capital city. Seventy photos on display truly depict Hanoi and its people, elegant and creative in the process of building a rich, beautiful, civilized and modern capital,” said Vice Chairwoman of the municipal People’s Council
Phung Thi Hong Ha .
“These are excellent works selected from hundreds of photos. Professional and amateur photographers with a love of Hanoi have captured historical and political moments, the city’s works, street corners and tourism destinations, and create candid pictures of Hanoi’,” Ms. Ha added.
Editor-in-Chief of Kinh te & Do thi newspaper Nguyen Minh Duc said that the works displayed at this exhibition are not only the contributions of the members of the Hanoi Elderly Photographers Club but also of the newspaper’s journalists and collaborators who for years have tirelessly been in search of new perspectives of Hanoi and depicted them with their photos.
“These beautiful moments have contributed to highlighting Hanoi’s efforts to preserve and promote the heritage value; affirming Hanoi – A City for Peace, a creative, friendly and hospitable city, especially the efforts of the city’s government and people in preventing and controlling Covid-19 ensuring safe and peaceful life for the people,” Mr. Duc said.
- “Hanoi – Hue – Saigon: Tradition and Development” exhibition opens
- The capital city celebrates 1010th anniversary of Thang Long-Hanoi
- Calligraphy exhibition celebrates Hanoi’s 1010th anniversary
- Exhibition celebrates Hanoi’s 1010th anniversary
- Hanoi streets brilliantly decorated to celebrate 1010th anniversary of Thang Long – Hanoi
- Exhibition features national flowers of ASEAN countries in Hanoi
- Up to 400 pavilions featured at Hanoi Gift Show 2020
- Hanoi holds diverse activities to promote domestic tourism
- Online exhibition livens up memories of Hanoi in olden days