Of the 349 cases confirmed in the nation so far, 209 entered the nation from abroad and quarantined upon arrival, posing no risk of spreading the virus to the community.
According to the National Steering Committee on COVID-19 Prevention and Control, a-22-year-old Vietnamese patient known as patient 329 was discharged from Cu Chi field hospital in Ho Chi Minh City on June 22 and he will continue to undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine period for health observation.
Meanwhile, at a national meeting on the health status of a British pilot patient (patient 91), Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son affirmed that his health has proved to have enough conditions for discharge from the intensive care unit (ICU) of Cho Ray Hospital. His renal, cardiac, and hepatic functions have returned to normal while the latest CT scan indicates that his lung capacity has remarkably recovered.
Doctors are due to have a joint consultation this week to report to the National Steering Committee and the Board of Directors about the coming discharge for this patient.
As many as 5,724 people having close contact with confirmed coronavirus patients and returning from pandemic-hit areas are under medical monitoring or quarantine at hospitals, medical facilities and at home.
Up to 328 patients or 94% of the total cases have given the all-clear, and there is no fatality reported to date.
Among the 21 positive patients in treatment, 6 have tested negative for the novel coronavirus once or at least twice.
- No new COVID-19 cases recorded in Vietnam on June 22
- No new COVID-19 cases reported, Patient 91 discharged from hospital
- British pilot to leave Vietnam for home on certain conditions
- COVID-19: British pilot to be discharged from hospital
- COVID-19: Recovered British pilot to leave hospital on July 11
- Vietnam sees no locally-infected cases of COVID-19 for 70 days
- Covid-19-hit British pilot may be discharged from hospital soon
- Vietnam reports no new community COVID-19 infections for 48 days
- Cho Ray Hospital organises discharge ceremony for Patient 91
- British Covid-19 patient returns home after miraculous recovery in Vietnam