DTiNews readers have donated a total VND118 million (USD5130) for a man and his daughter in the northern central province of Thanh Hoa.
Le Xuan Cao, 65 in Thieu Son District said that his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2013 and died of the disease five years later.
In 2016 his second daughter Le Thi Mai, 35 became sick and she was diagnosed with retinoblastoma when she was working in the southern region. She is being provided with cancer chemotherapy based on her health insurance.
The donation granted to the poor family
Meanwhile, Cao has been living with Thyroid cancer since May 5 pressuring the family’s finances even further.
Cao has three children and the youngest and oldest are married. The family’s income totally depends on farming and to date they have incurred a large debt.
Mai’s condition is worsening following radiation therapy. She is now bed-ridden.
On October 2 Tran Duy Tuyen, deputy head of Dantri/DTiNews’ representative office in Ha Tinh granted the donation for Cao’s family.
Cao expressed his great gratitude to Dantri/DTiNews’ readers for the support.
- Dantri readers support ill teacher with VND207m
- Mother and daughter facing cancer need help
- Readers donate to help orphan girl
- Little boy with two types of cancer in need of help
- Ill parents call for help for small children
- Readers help student pursue education dream
- Dantri/DTiNews classroom project inaugurated in Cao Bang
- Over 300,000 Vietnamese people diagnosed with and die from cancer in 2020
- Dantri/Dtinews reader supports Thua Thien-Hue flood victims
- Breast cancer awareness campaign launched at K Hospital