Hanoi’s Department of Tourism continues to host promotional events together with other provinces and cities nationwide, with the aim of stimulating domestic tourism and building up the image of the city as well as Vietnam as a safe destination, according to Deputy Director of the department Tran Trung Hieu.
In June alone, the department and the UNESCO Hanoi Travel Club signed cooperation agreements with local authorities of provinces such as Ninh Binh, Nghe An, Thanh Hoa, Ha Tinh, and Lai Chau to promote tourist attractions in the coming time, Hieu told Kinh te & Do thi.
Head of the club Truong Quoc Hung emphasized that tourist promotional activities post Covid-19 should focus on building tourists’ confidence when they come to Vietnam. “This requires local enterprises to boost promotional activities and refresh the image of Vietnam as a safe, friendly destination where visitors’ health is secured.”
Recently, many local tour operators have actively spread out images and clips about Vietnam’s tourist destinations on social networks.
Vietnam’s airlines, hotels and tourism accommodations have also jointly offered discounted tours. Many tour operators said that as the airfare accounts for one-third of a tour cost, the domestic travelers will benefit from air carriers’ such discount programs.
From now to until the end of December, the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism will continue to launch promotional programs with the message “VietnamNOW” to revive the industry.
The Hanoi People’s Committee has issued a plan to organize programs promoting itself as a cultural and tourist destination in 2020 targeting national tourists.
On June 26-28, in the pedestrian area around Hoan Kiem Lake in Hanoi, a tourist promotion event will be held in collaboration with other provinces. In addition, a non-alcoholic drinks fair will take place around the Octagonal House in the Ly Thai To square. The program will attract 80 tour operators, hotels, airlines, travel associations and coffee shop owners in Hanoi.
- Hanoi promotes destinations to attract visitors
- Hanoi shines in creating regional tourism links
- Hanoi to link with other localities to boost tourism growth
- Hanoi continues with F1 promotional efforts despite cancellation
- Hanoi welcomes first domestic tourists on first day of 2021
- Quang Ninh, Ha Giang foster tourism in the South
- 'Hello Ho Chi Minh City' communication campaign launched
- Hanoi tourism flourishes on second stimulus program
- Ho Chi Minh City launches interesting tourist programme to lure visitors
- Hanoi holds diverse activities to promote domestic tourism