The 13th plenum of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV)’s Central Committee has convened today [October 5] with a focus on the personnel preparation for the next Party Congress that is slated for early 2021.
The CPV’s General Secretary and State President Nguyen Phu Trong (right), Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh (left), and Chairman of Ho Chi Minh City Peoples Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong (middle). Photo: VNA
In the opening remarks, the CPV’s General Secretary and State President Nguyen Phu Trong said the Politburo, the country’s most powerful body, has four times revised the personnel for the Congress from December 2018 to September 2020 assessing and validating a total of 227 persons that will be subjected to voting for the next Central Committee.
Over recent years, the Politburo and the Secretariat have opened five training courses to foster those 227 candidates submitted by the Central Personnel Committee.
The Central Personnel Committee has led ten other local and competent agencies in reviewing and assessing the conditions of the nominees to be elected to the Party Central Committee, including those running for re-election or to be elected for the first time.
The eligible authorized agencies and localities include the Central Organization Commission, the Central Inspection Commission, the Central Commission for Internal Affairs, the Public Security’s Party Committee, Hanoi’s Party Committee and Ho Chi Minh City’s Party Committee.
The plenum will last through October 10.
- Party Central Committee convenes 14th Plenum
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum focuses on personnel work
- Party Central Committee to elect members for new term
- VGP News Party Central Committee passes key personnel lists Party Central Committee passes key personnel lists
- Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress
- Top leader Nguyen Phu Trong re elected as Party General Secretary
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum ends earlier than expected
- 13th tenure Politburo of 18 members elected
- Preparation for 13th Party Congress wrapped up
- Party Central Committee convenes 13th plenum