Vietnamese visitors are free to travel within Singapore if they test negative for the coronavirus upon entering the island state, Spokesperson of the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs Le Thi Thu Hang has said.
When asked to comment on the fact that Singapore had unilaterally lifted border restrictions for Vietnamese visitors at a press meeting on October 1 the spokesperson confirmed that on September 30 Singapore announced that border restrictions to visitors from Vietnam will be lifted from October 82020.
The Singaporean authorities said that visitors from Vietnam entering Singapore from October 82020 will have to submit an online application for entry approval from at least 7 to 30 days before the expected entry date. They also are required to undergo the Covid-19 test upon arrival and install the Covid-19 tracing application in their mobile devices.
“If the test result is negative, visitors are free to travel within Singapore. Otherwise, visitors have to be treated in Singapore and bear all the medical expenses,” Ms. Hang stressed.
She added that the Singapore Embassy in Hanoi had notified the Department of Consular of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs about this policy, and the two sides agreed to enhance collaboration to facilitate the travel of Vietnamese and Singaporean citizens in accordance with situations of each country.
Besides Vietnam, Singapore has lifted travel restrictions to visitors from Australia, Brunei and New Zealand thanks to their success in containing the spread of Covid-19.
- Singapore to ease entry restrictions for visitors from Vietnam from Oct 8
- Singapore lifts travel restrictions on visitors from Vietnam
- Singapore opens the border for visitors from Vietnam from October 8
- Singapore to lift travel restrictions for arrivals from Vietnam
- Singapore to welcome travelers from Vietnam and Australia from October 8
- Singapore lifts restrictions on travel from Vietnam
- FM spokesperson addresses regular press conference
- Singapore eases border measures for some countries, including Vietnam
- Singapore, Malaysia to start VTL for quarantine-free air travel
- Cambodia has lifted restrictions on cross-border travel with Vietnam