|In a quarantine area. Photo: VNA /CVN|
Speaking at the conference titled "Ensuring the safety of the prevention and the fight against COVID-19 in health establishments", Deputy Health Minister Nguyen Truong Son, head of the treatment subcommittee under the National Steering Committee for the Prevention and Control of COVID-19 informed that the COVID-19 outbreak is affecting 215 countries and territories , with more than 34 million infected and more than a million deaths. Vietnam has recorded 1095 cases, of which 1018 people have been cured. 35 deaths have been confirmed.
Mr Son said that in addition to active prevention of the epidemic; the control and quarantine of people at risk, suspects, in particular Vietnamese and foreigners coming from epidemic areas; early detection, diagnosis and prompt and correct treatment with precise instructions play a very important role.
The active participation of the treatment subcommittee and leading experts, and the support of international organizations have helped the country achieve success in the fight against the coronavirus. The cure rate can reach 96.4%.
The treatment subcommittee has published a set of criteria on hospitals being safe from the COVID-19 outbreak and acute respiratory infections. The localities have scrupulously applied the motto "to be ready on the spot", with the active assistance of experts from central hospitals.
In addition, the Ministry of Health has developed four information on the diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 and regularly updated and exchanged experiences.
The Ministry of Health publishes precise instructions on equipment, medicines, setting up the screening system, the training process, assistance to local hospitals, etc. In particular, the Online Assistance Center for the treatment of COVID-19 has regularly organized experience sharing sessions.
At the conference, delegates heard officials from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City and hospitals share experiences in leading, implementing as well as applying the criteria of hospital safety assessment. during COVID-19.
- COVID-19: eight patients are announced cured
- The PM asks to be more aware of the permanent risk of the epidemic
- No new case reported this Monday morning October 26
- COVID-19: a new exogenous case confirmed
- Vietnam reports no new COVID-19 cases on October 23
- No new contamination in the community for 58 days
- Vietnam is not reporting any new cases but still faces the risk of contamination
- COVID-19: 1062 cases were cured in Vietnam
- A new imported case confirmed on October 1
- Coronavirus: Vietnam reports no new cases