|Haul of medical supplies are donated to OVs in RoK to fight COVID-19 pandemic (Photo: baoquocte.vn)|
In the context of complicated developments of the COVID-19 epidemic globally, the donation is of great significance for members of the Vietnamese community within the RoK, serving to heighten the spirit of mutual support and solidarity to help people both at home and abroad overcome this challenging time.
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and COVA Chairman Dang Minh Khoi stated that the noble gesture testifies to the fact that the overseas Vietnamese community, made up of more than 5 million expats, remains an inseparable part of the Vietnamese nation.
According to preliminary statistics released by the COVA, various Vietnamese communities throughout the world have so far donated medical supplies totaling over VND35 billion to the COVID-19 prevention and control efforts in the country. The Vietnamese community in the RoK alone has donated more than VND160 million to support the fight at home.
Meanwhile, many Vietnamese businesses, organisations, and individuals have raised funds in support of various Vietnamese communities in the UK, France, Russia, the United States, in addition to those in the RoK.
- Medical supplies for Vietnamese in RoK to cope with COVID-19
- Large haul of face masks donated to Vietnamese community in Cyprus
- Health Ministry receives donated medical supplies for COVID-19 fight
- Vietnam to offer medical supplies to help Myanmar fight COVID-19
- EuroCham members join hands with Vietnam to combat Covid-19
- COVID-19: Vietnam provides medical supplies to Myanmar