US President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump at the White House on September 112020. (Photo: AFP /VNA)
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson sent his best wishes and expressed the hope that President Trump and the First Lady will quickly recover.
Indian Prime Minister Narenda Modi on social media wished the couple a quick recovery and good health.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu expressed Israelis’ concern about the health condition of the US President and First Lady, wishing them a speedy recovery.
General Director of World Health Organization Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus and Russian President Vladimir Putin wished the couple a full and speedy recovery.
US President Donald Trump said on Friday that he and his wife Melania had tested positive for COVID-19 and were going into quarantine, upending the race for the White House.
“We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!” the president said in a late night tweet.
The results came after news that Hope Hicks, a top adviser and trusted aide, had tested positive for the new coronavirus earlier on Thursday.
- Trump and Melania to quarantine following top aide’s COVID-19 confirmation
- Trump and Melania to quarantine following top aide s COVID 19 confirmation
- Trump’s hospitalization and current health condition following COVID-19 diagnosis
- Trump s hospitalization and current health condition following COVID 19 diagnosis
- President Trump says he will leave White House if Biden wins Electoral College vote
- President Trump’s doctors say he could be discharged on Monday
- Here’s what we know so far about Trump’s diagnosis and treatment