Volkan Bozkir, president of the 75th session of the United Nations General Assembly, delivers closing remarks to the general debate of the 75th session of the United Nations General Assembly at the UN headquarters in New York on Sept. 302020 (Photo: AFP/VNA)
The leaders have demonstrated their commitment to multilateralism and the UN, said Volkan Bozkir, president of UN General Assembly 75. The leaders laid down an agenda which not only supports the priorities Bozkir laid down, but provides guidance on overcoming the challenges the world is facing. They agreed that the solutions can only come from multilateral action, with UN at its center, Bozkir said.
The 75th Session of the UN General Assembly is themed “The Future we want, the United Nations we need: reaffirming our collective commitment to multilateralism – confronting COVID-19 through effective multilateral action.”
Vietnam’s Party General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong and Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc sent a message to the UN session, emphasizing that multilateralism needs to be respected and promoted. The UN should be cohesive and inclusive, and every member, large or small, rich or poor, should have a voice in deciding matters of common concern. Further reforms should be undertaken to make the UN a stronger and more effective organization that can fulfill its role of harmonizing the interests and behaviors of states in the face of the monumental changes of our time.
- Party chief to send first-ever message to UNGA 75 high-level meeting
- Vietnam affirms commitments in promoting multilateralism
- Vietnam calls on countries to work together to protect biodiversity
- Vietnam sends message on 75th anniversary of signing UN Charter
- Vietnam cooperates with nations to prevail over pandemic, build peaceful, prosperous world: President
- UN Security Council endorses Secretary-General Guterres for second term
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc sends welcoming remarks to AIPA-42 General Assembly
- Vietnam receives international acclaim for hosting of AIPA-41
- National Assembly's 2nd plenary session to open on October 20
- 37th ASEAN Summit and Related Summits open