Police officers of Lam Dong province catch Nguyen Van Thanh in the act of restoring rare animals (Photo: SGGP)
The People’s Committee of Lam Dong Province on September 29 handed down an administrative sanction of VND 330 million to Nguyen Van Lam, residing in Cat Tien District in Lam Dong Province as he violated the law.
Previously, police officers from the Environmental Police Department in Lam Dong Province conducted an administrative inspection of Nguyen Van Thanh’s house finding out many wildlife species, including one rare snake weighing 1.4 kilograms and two varans weighing 10 kilograms.
Moreover, police officers discovered 100 kilograms of frozen animals comprising of endangered species list such as chevrotain, civet, Varanus bengalensis, porcupine listed in the IB group in the freezer.
In addition to fine, the local authority confiscated all rare animals.
By Doan Kien – Translated by Anh Quan
- 12 wild animals rescued from Lao Cai restaurant
- Man caught with endangered turtles, tortoises, under house arrest
- Nghệ An police uncover wildlife trafficking ring from Lao to Việt Nam
- Hai Phong City’s police seize over 665 kilograms of drug
- Rare wild animals in Ha Tinh released back to the wild
- Moon bear freed after three years in a cage
- Dozens of animals released into the wild
- Man gets 6 years for smuggling rhino horns from Mozambique
- 500 wildlife animals rescued in Vietnam in first half of 2020