Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc talks to the European guests (Photo: VGP)
He received in Hanoi on Wednesday Dutch Ambassador Elsbeth Akkerman, Belgian Ambassador Paul Jansen and the European Union (EU) investors wishing to invest in the 1 billion USD Cai Mep Ha Logistic Center project in the southern province of Ba Ria – Vung Tau.
At the meeting, Prime Minister Phuc welcomed investors’ determination to work on the Cai Mep Ha project with the “green transport” spirit, developing logistics to export Vietnamese goods to the EU and the world.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc (Photo: VGP)
The Prime Minister applauded the effective cooperation between Vietnam and Belgium and the Netherlands at multilateral and international forums such as the United Nations, Asia-Europe Cooperation Forum (ASEM) and ASEAN-EU. He suggested that the two countries and the EU to speak up more strongly in defense of the rule of law in the seas and oceans, and to support the East Sea position of Vietnam and ASEAN. The Prime Minister asked Belgium and the Netherlands to help Vietnam with capacity building to effectively implement the Vietnam-EU Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA).
Dutch Ambassador Elsbeth Akkerman affirmed that the Dutch Government supports the port logistics cooperation project reflected in the Dutch Development Bank’s commitment to contribute 10% of the project investment.
Belgian Ambassador Paul Jansen affirmed that Belgium International Investment Group will contribute capital to this project.
Cai Mep Ha Logistic Center Project, once put into operation, can accommodate large container ships. In addition, investors will boost domestic waterway transportation, transporting goods and agricultural products from the Mekong Delta to Cai Mep Ha port and to the world.
Investors said they want the project to be approved soon and committed, if selected, to implement the project on schedule, with quality, and apply “green transport” measures for sustainable development.
Currently, Ba Ria – Vung Tau province has located the project and is ready for site clearance.
- PM Phuc, Japanese counterpart discuss bilateral, multilateral cooperation over phone
- Vietnam, Laos underscore peace, stability, and rule of law
- PM hosts RoK investors in Vietnam
- ASEAN certainly does not want to choose who to side with: Prime Minister
- Prime Minister applauds Military Logistics’ achievements
- Prime Minister calls for stronger determination to recover economy
- Prime Minister chairs government’s meeting on law building
- Prime Minister urges for vigilance against COVID-19
- Hanoi has factors to attract investors: Prime Minister