Vietnamese officers join a UN peacekeeping mission in South Sudan. (Photo: VNA)
Discussing the frequent obstruction and intimidation of peacekeepers, Ambassador Quy recommended an overall assessment of the missions, a transition to self-management, and ensured resources for peacekeeping activities.
The UN currently has 13 peacekeeping missions, 15 special political missions, and 11 active special envoys. Vietnam has sent 73 soldiers, including 12 women, to participate in peacekeeping operations in South Sudan and the Central African Republic.
- Ten more officers assigned to join UN peacekeeping operation
- Ten more Vietnamese officers join UN peacekeeping operation
- Vietnam expects to establish regional peacekeeping center
- Vietnam eyes UN peacekeeping center for Asia-Pacific
- Vietnam expected to set up regional peacekeeping center
- UN congratulates Vietnam’s achievements in fighting COVID-19
- UN begins pullout from South Sudan civilian protection camps
- ASEAN peacekeeping centres look to boost ties in COVID 19 response
- UN acknowledges Vietnam peacekeepers’ COVID-19 combat efforts