|Vietnam confirms 48 cases of coronavirus infection. Photo: VNA /CVN|
This is a 31 year old Vietnamese man, living in Ward 14 in 10 e district of Ho Chi Minh City. The patient had been in close contact with 34 e patient and sat in the same car with 45 e .
After the 34 e patient in Binh Thuân province was confirmed to be infected with the novel coronavirus on March 11 he quarantined himself at his home. On March 13 he was taken to the isolation zone in 10 e district for a concentrated quarantine and a screening test. He was subsequently tested positive for the coronavirus.
The patient is now in stable health conditions, the health ministry said.
The 34 e patient is a 51-year-old Vietnamese woman. She flew from Vietnam to New York on February 22 and was in transit at Incheon Airport (Republic of Korea). On February 29 she took a flight from Washington back to Vietnam and was in transit at Doha Airport in Qatar. On the morning of March 9 she was hospitalized in Binh Thuân province (Center), and tested positive for the coronavirus. Thus, eight patients who had been in close contact with this patient were infected with the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.
At Vietnam has so far detected 48 cases of infection, 16 of which have fully recovered, and no deaths.
- Vietnam confirms seven new Covid-19 cases, patient tally rises to 438
- Vietnam confirms five new imported Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports five more Covid-19 cases from US, Russia
- Vietnam confirms 14 new Covid-19 infection cases, total rises to 880
- Vietnam confirms two new imported COVID-19 cases, total hits 331
- Vietnam confirms first case of COVID-19 community transmission after 99 days
- Serbian specialist confirmed as new Covid-19 patient in Vietnam
- Vietnam confirms 37 new Covid-19 infection cases, total rising to 546
- Da Nang quarantines 50 people having close contact with a suspected patient