The press conference to inform AIPA Presidency Year 2020 and AIPA 41
in Hanoi on September 042020 (Photo: vov.vn)
This is the first time the AIPA will be held as a teleconference.
380 delegates from member and observer countries, including 15 National Assembly chairpersons, will attend the event.
Nguyen Manh Tien, head of the AIPA 41’s information and Communications Subcommittee, said that this is the third time Vietnam has assumed the AIPA Chair after the two previous times in 2002 and 2010. He told a press conference Friday afternoon, “The organization of the meeting is important for the 14th National Assembly’s foreign affairs, thus promoting the Vietnamese State’s diplomacy and Parliament’s diplomacy. Amid COVID-19 Vietnam has changed the meeting format to teleconference, proving the country’s flexibility, responsibility, and determination to successfully assume the AIPA presidency.”
Vietnamese National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan, who chairs the AIPA 41 General Assembly, will deliver an opening speech.
A meeting of Women Parliamentarians of AIPA (WAIPA), AIPA Young Parliamentarians and meetings of the Political, Economic, Social Affairs and Organization Committees will be held within the event’s framework.
Delegates are expected to sign a joint statement, introduce a new observer, and transfer the AIPA 2021 presidency.
- Second meeting of National Steering Committee and Organising Committee for AIPA 41 held
- NA Vice Chairwoman meets diplomats of ASEAN countries, AIPA observers
- Role of young parliamentarians highlighted within AIPA 41’s framework
- Vietnam works to promote role of AIPA
- Important issues on table during AIPA 41’s second working day
- ASEAN, AIPA work together toward new development path
- AIPA’s 41st General Assembly opening with ASEAN cultural diversity on display
- AIPA committees seek post-COVID 19 recovery methods
- AIPA 41: Parliamentary diplomacy for cohesive, responsive ASEAN Community