An exhibition entitled “Chap Canh Uoc Mo” (Wings of Dream) is among the celebrative programs. The exhibition is scheduled to be held at Hoa Lo Prison Historical Relic Site, Hanoi starting August 28.
The event exhibits historical documents, photos, and objects which affirm the great significance of the August Revolution in Vietnam’s history. The highlights of the exhibition are photos of old-styled classrooms attended by students who were all middle-aged and above, all went in to learn basic literacy and numeracy skills. As there was no electricity back then, the special classes – normally held in cottages, high-walled houses, or even hospitals – were illuminated with the iconic oil lamps.
On top of that, photos of ill children treated at the Central Children Hospital are also on display, aiming at bringing these patients a flicker of hope and a will to win over the diseases.
Moreover, a book entitled “August Revolution 1945 – the first great victory of the Vietnamese people in the 20th century” has been released by the Ho Chi Minh City Publishing House.
The six-chapter book is co-authored by Prof, Dr and People’s Teacher Trinh Nhu and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tran Trong Tho, emphasizing the tremendous successes of the August Revolution.
75 years ago, on August 19, 1945, under the clear-sighted leadership of the Party and President Ho Chi Minh, the entire nation took the opportunity to rise up in revolt to seize and return power to the people.
The revolution’s great victory helped people, formerly slaves, liberate themselves to become the owners of the country, and break the chains of slavery, colonialism and feudalism to establish the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, marking the dawn of a new era of national independence and socialism.
- Exhibition tells Vietnam’s path to independence
- Exhibition of artifacts and documents on the August Revolution
- Exhibition of valuable objects and documents about Truong Sa and Hoang Sa in Da Nang
- NA leader attends ceremony marking August Revolution, National Day
- “Hanoi – Hue – Saigon: Tradition and Development” exhibition opens
- The COVID-19 exhibition will open next week in Da Nang
- Photo expo “My Hanoi” held to mark 1010th anniversary of Thang Long – Hanoi