Four districts in the central province of Quang Nam will continue to be locked down for Covid-19 prevention.
Quarantine period extended in Quang Nam districts
On August 14, Tran Van Tan, vice chairman of Quang Nam People’s Committee, signed the decision to extend the lockdown in four districts and towns including Dien Ban, Dai Loc, Duy Xuyen and Thang Binh from August 15 until further notice.
The residents were asked to stay home and go out only for necessary reasons like buying food, medicine, going to the hospitals or to avoid accidents and disasters. They must wear face masks when going out. Gatherings of more than two people are banned in public and each person must keep two metres apart.
Essential shops and facilities are allowed to open and must follow all preventive measures. Quang Nam authorities also suspended all educational, sports, cultural and religious events. Tourist spots will be closed. Public transport will only serve experts, workers and people to quarantine centres.
On August 13, Quang Nam authorities also extended the quarantine period in Hoi An until further notice with similar preventive measures.
Que Son, Dien Ban, Dai Loc, Duy Xuyen and Thang Binh districts and towns had been put under lockdown from August 1 to 15.
From July 25 until now, Quang Nam has reported 84 Covid-19 cases.
- Quang Nam expanding social distancing following Covid-19 outbreak
- Lockdown put on Hai Duong City after three Covid-19 cases reported
- Hanoi: masking up in public area is compulsory
- Five more COVID-19 patients in Da Nang recover
- Quang Ngai loosens social distancing rules
- Vietnam Covid-19 Latest News: Da Nang to impose restrictions to stop the spread of coronavirus
- Da Nang, Quang Nam allowed to delay national high school exam due to Covid-19
- Hoi An turns quite amid pandemic