The Ministry of Transport has continued to order a halt to flights from and to the central city of Danang as the Covid-10 pandemic remains complicated.
Under the Ministry of Transport’s instruction, the suspension began from Tuesday midnight until further announcement, except for seven flights approved by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc for 1,700 stranded tourists wanting to leave Danang for Hanoi and HCM City.
The Ministry of Transport has ordered a halt to flights from and to the central city of Danang.
The Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam has been asked to work with concerned agencies to ensure Covid-19 prevention regulations for the transportation of the travellers to Hanoi and HCM City.
Airport service providers need to consider exempting or reducing fees for flights to help get stranded tourists in Danang home.
Non-passenger flights are still allowed to be run normally from and to Danang.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Transport has asked airlines to take into account the suspension and the reduction of flights from and to Quang Ngai Province’s Chu Lai Airport following the proposal by provincial authorities.
As for road transport, interprovincial coaches, cars, hired cars, taxis and inter-city buses continue to be suspended from August 12.
In the meantime, vehicles used for healthcare purposes, those transporting food, essential goods and shuttle transport services for employees and experts are still operational.
Vehicles to other localities are not allowed to park in Danang to pick up passengers.
- VietJet Air will conduct four more flights for stranded travellers in Danang
- Vietnam cuts all passenger transport services to and from Danang to curb virus spread
- Danang flight routes resume from September 7
- Vietnam suspends all domestic flights to and from Da Nang
- Vietnam to resume some Asian flights in July
- Vietjet transports 800 passengers from pandemic-hit Danang back home
- Local authorities anh hotels join-hands to support tourists stranded in DaNang
- Local authorities and hotels join-hands to support tourists stranded in DaNang
- Powerful typhoon batters Quang Ngai, Quang Nam