As of 6PM Tuesday, for the first time in the world, a vaccine against the new coronavirus was registered in Russia, he said during a televised video conference call with government ministers.
Putin emphasized that the vaccine underwent the necessary tests and has proven efficient, offering a lasting immunity from coronavirus. Russia will reportedly begin producing the vaccine soon and already has plans for a massive, country-wide vaccine drive, he added.
Russian health minister Mikhail Murashko earlier said clinical trials of a coronavirus vaccine candidate from the Moscow-based Gamaleya Institute were complete.
- Russia approves 2nd coronavirus vaccine
- Key things about Russia s second COVID 19 vaccine EpiVacCorona
- Russia to give its COVID 19 vaccine to volunteers this week
- Key things about Russia’s second COVID-19 vaccine EpiVacCorona
- Vladimir Putin to receive Russia s Sputnik V vaccine
- Vladimir Putin to receive Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine
- Russia’s COVID-19 vaccine pre-ordered by 20 nations for a billion doses
- Russia names its first COVID-19 vaccine ‘Sputnik V’
- Putin praises Russian coronavirus drugs the best in the world