Addressing a meeting of the UNSC on Tuesday on maintaining stability in Guinea-Bissau, Quy called on all parties to cooperate and narrow their differences, strive for national reconciliation, and accelerate the reforms of the 2016 Conakry Agreement and the six-point roadmap of the Economic Community of West African States.
Ambassador Quy emphasised the importance of protecting civilians and enhancing the participation of women and youths in policy making and national development.
He urged the international community to support Guinea-Bissau in the fight against COVID-19 and reiterated Vietnam’s support for Resolution 2512 toward peace, security and sustainable development in Guinea-Bissau.
- Vietnam calls on int’l community to support Somalia
- Vietnam calls for international support for the Central African Republic
- Vietnam calls for full implementation of peace agreement in Central African Republic
- All COVID-19 patients returning from Equatorial Guinea show health improvements
- Vietnam calls for all-level implementation of UNSC’s youth, peace, security resolutions