Several Covid-19 patients are now in critical condition and have high mortality risks due to old age and underlying illnesses. Illustrative photo
According to the announcement by deputy minister of health, Nguyen Truong Son, the two female patients who are both from Danang City died from Covid-19 while struggling with the last stage of kidney failure, heart failure, and high blood pressure.
One of them, Patient 430, aged 33, was admitted to Danang Hospital on July 23 with Covid-19 symptoms including breathing difficulties. She was diagnosed with pneumonia caused by Covid-19 and was given viral testing which came positive with SARS-COV-2 on July 26.
Her condition worsened on July 30 and she was transferred to Hue Central Hospital where she needed blood filtering and ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) support.
She fell into critical condition on August 9 and she passed away at 12:30 am on August 10 at the Hue Central Hospital.
Her causes of death include pneumonia due to Covid-19, multi-organ failure, and gastrointestinal bleeding due to hypertension, the health deputy minister said.
The other patient numbered 737, aged 47, years old tested negative for SARS-COV-2 on July 27 but then the results came back positive on the second test on August 4. She was admitted to Danang Hospital and then transferred to Hoa Vang District Medical Centre on August 6 for treatment.
Her condition worsened on August 9 and she needed a ventilator. She died at 12.45 am on August 10 due to cardiac infarct, kidney and heart failure and Covid-19.
Several Covid-19 patients are now in critical condition and have high mortality risks due to old age and underlying illnesses, the official said.
On July 31, the patient 428, a 70-year-old man from Quang Nam Province with heart disease and kidney failure became the first patient in Vietnam died because of Covid-19.
More patients died afterwards. All of them were related to the outbreak in Danang and had serious underlying illnesses.
- Vietnam reports two more Covid-19 deaths
- Two COVID-19 deaths recorded in Vietnam
- Vietnam confirms 30th coronavirus death
- Vietnam’s coronavirus deaths rise to 8, ten others in critical condition
- Two more COVID-19 fatalities reported, death toll at 13
- COVID-19: Two patients die, death toll rises to 34
- Many Covid-19 patients in Vietnam are in critical condition
- Another patient dies of end-stage chronic kidney failure, COVID-19
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 death count rises to six
- Six new cases, one more COVID-19-related death reported